If you are looking for a fun, exciting and deeply fulfilling place to work then look no further. We believe that our team are at the heart of our success and we value every member, ensuring they are fully trained to have the skills, knowledge, expertise and confidence required to support the young people that we work with.
WORK FOR US
Are you are dedicated and passionate about supporting young adults with disabilities? Are you fun, friendly and flexible? Are you looking for a role that you genuinely are proud to do and enjoy every day? Are you keen to be part of a supportive and caring team? If this sounds like you fill in the application form today or give us a ring to find out more.
For more information on any of our vacancies please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us (01491 575575).
We expect all our team members to support our values by being.
- Respectful – we will respect everyone we work with and for, every day and in everything we do
- Courageous – we will have the courage to do the right thing for the people we care for, always speak up when we have concerns and have the vision and strength to adapt and embrace new ways of working.
- Positive – we will meet both challenges and opportunities with positivity in order to champion the rights, needs and wants of people with disabilities.
- Caring – we will treat everyone we work with and care for with kindness, compassion, empathy and dignity.
- Inclusive – we will work inclusively to ensure that everyone we work with and care for feels valued and empowered to achieve their potential.
At the Chiltern Centre we pride ourselves on providing a great place to work. Not only will your role be interesting, and incredibly varied we are also a caring and fun team that supports one another to provide the best possible care for all the young people who come through our doors.
WE ARE A COMMITTED SERVICE TO SAFEGUARDING YOUNG PEOPLE AND ADULTS AT RISK, AND ALL POSITIONS AT THE CHILTERN CENTRE ARE SUBJECT TO ENHANCED DBS CLEARANCE AND SATISFACTORY REFERENCES
‘It’s a fun environment to work in, it gives a huge sense of variety. The team here is a close-knit team because it’s a very small team. We’re all very much signed up to the culture and philosophy of the Centre.’
‘Since working here I have become more confident in myself. I think that’s because being around such humbling people. It’s just very inspiring.’
I absolutely love my job because it’s just so rewarding, and it’s so humbling. If you can bring a smile to a young person’s face who is uncomfortable or in pain or unhappy in some way, then that’s enough for me.’
Our team of caring volunteers who freely give their time are a great asset to the Centre. We rely on their endless help with maintenance, gardening, washing the minibus and more. Volunteers do not work with young people directly, as a core group of long serving volunteers provide specialist care.