Support Worker – position vacant
SUPPORT WORKER JOB DESCRIPTION
email (email@example.com) or call us (01491 575575) to discuss further.
ARE YOU DEDICATED AND PASSIONATE ABOUT CARE?
Are you fun, flexible, friendly person who is willing to provide support and enrich young adults’ lives, helping them live life to the full.
we can offer you –
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays off) raising after 2 years
- Christmas day, Boxing Day, Easter and other bank holidays off
- DBS paid for by The Centre
- Free comprehensive ongoing training (including the Care Certificate)
- Total Earnings pension scheme (with Employer matched contributions)
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Additional Pay for sleep ins (£71.40 per sleep in)
- £100 recommend a friend incentive scheme for employees
- Free onsite parking
- Weekly testing for Covid-19
- Salary up to £24,359 per year (based on a full-time contract + one sleep in per week)
In Return we expect you to support our values by being
- Respectful – we will respect everyone we work with and for, every day and in everything we do
- Courageous – we will have the courage to do the right thing for the people we care for, always speak up when we have concerns and have the vision and strength to adapt and embrace new ways of working.
- Positive – we will meet both challenges and opportunities with positivity in order to champion the rights, needs and wants of people with disabilities.
- Caring – we will treat everyone we work with and care for with kindness, compassion, empathy and dignity.
- Inclusive – we will work inclusively to ensure that everyone we work with and care for feels valued and empowered to achieve their potential.
- Supporting young people and adults with complex learning disabilities
- Being Positive and having a can-do attitude
- Working some weekends, evenings and sleep in duties on a rota basis
- We require
- Previous experience in the care sector ideal but not essential as full training will be given
- Good communication, ICT and organisational skills
- Empathy and passion when delivering care
- Good Team Player
- A knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding
- NVQ Level3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent (ideal but not essential)
Current guidance regarding COVID-19 is followed with PPE provided where required.
At the Chiltern Centre we pride ourselves on providing a great place to work. Not only will your role be interesting, and incredibly varied we are also a caring and fun team that supports one another to provide the best possible care for all the young people who come through our doors.
WE ARE A COMMITTED SERVICE TO SAFEGUARDING YOUNG PEOPLE AND ADULTS AT RISK, AND ALL POSITIONS AT THE CHILTERN CENTRE ARE SUBJECT TO ENHANCED DBS CLEARANCE AND SATISFACTORY REFERENCES
‘It’s a fun environment to work in, it gives a huge sense of variety. The team here is a close-knit team because it’s a very small team. We’re all very much signed up to the culture and philosophy of the Centre.’
‘Since working here I have become more confident in myself. I think that’s because being around such humbling people. It’s just very inspiring.’
I absolutely love my job because it’s just so rewarding, and it’s so humbling. If you can bring a smile to a young person’s face who is uncomfortable or in pain or unhappy in some way, then that’s enough for me.’