There are many ways to get involved and be part of our team.
WE ARE A COMMITTED SERVICE TO SAFEGUARDING YOUNG PEOPLE
ALL POSITIONS AT THE CHILTERN CENTRE ARE SUBJECT TO ENHANCED DBS CLEARANCE AND SATISFACTORY REFERENCES.
SUPPORT WORKERS REQUIRED
DO YOU SEE CARE AS A VOCATION, NOT A JOB?
Are you a Fun, Flexible, Friendly person who is willing to provide support and enrich young adults’ lives, from age 16 to 30 with learning disabilities, helping them live life to the full?
Based in Henley on Thames we can offer you –
- 28 days paid holiday (including Bank holidays)
- DBS paid for by us
- Free comprehensive ongoing training (including Care Certificate)
- Total Earnings Pension Scheme (with Employer Matched contributions)
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- £100 recommend a friend incentive scheme for employees
- Additional Pay for Sleep ins
- Earnings of £18,028 – £20,778.00 (based on a full-time contract + 1 sleep in a week)
In Return we expect you to support our staff values of:
- Unity (to be able to learn from each other, leaving room for initiative
- Respect (Work in a professional manner and actively listen)
- Courage (Challenge others and offer praise)
- Integrity (take feedback to improve performance. Be open in our interactions with each other)
- Equality (Treat each other fairly, allowing opportunities for all)
Duties will include:
- Supporting young people and adults with complex learning disabilities
- Being positive and having a can-do attitude
- Working some weekends, evenings, and sleep-in duties on a rota basis
- Full or part time hours available
Our team of caring volunteers who freely give their time are a great asset to the Centre. We rely on their endless help with maintenance, gardening, washing the minibus and more. Volunteers do not work with young people directly, as a core group of long serving volunteers provide specialist care.